Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kareoke and Chi Town

Last weekend we went to Chicago for Kyle's cousin's wedding. Spring has definitely not made it up north yet...but I didnt complain because I got to wear my Ugg boots one last before I packed them up for winter.

We got to spend a little time in the city before heading to WI for the wedding. We walked around Navy Pier and then to Wrigley field. We ate at a fabulous place, R.J. Grunts, for lunch with the most amazing salad bar I have ever seen.
Usually, when you think of a wedding you think of maybe 5-6 hours on a Saturday night, and if you are family the night before for a couple of hours at the rehearsal. Well, this was no ordinary wedding...this was a weekend packed full of non-stop partying. All the family stayed together in a lodge type place. After the rehearsal dinner, we all went back for the "after-party" with kareoke. After the Grandpa sang, Kyle totally got up and belted "Living on a Prayer." At 1:00 we left, but the Grandma and Grampa stayed to close out the party. Then the wedding the next day (which was beautiful) the reception and of course, another after party at the lodge (which the bride and groom did not miss!) And if that wasnt enough, brunch the next morning with the bride and groom, and cocktails! Grandma at brunch: "Well, I thought I'd wait for a drink...but then I thought, 'why wait?'" Hilarious! I don't know how they do it.

No comments: