During the summer there are so many fun and FREE things to do around Austin...just one of the many reasons why we love this city!~Earlier this summer we went to the Round Rock Express game with friends - free! Unfortunately that was the night it stormed and we had to leave early, but fortunately we got rain checks for another game - for free!
~We also headed out to Unplugged at the Grove to listen to Texas Country music. A local restaurant, Shady Grove, puts on live concerts every week during the summer - free!
~Another Austin favorite - First Thursday - where vendors along South Congress spread out along the street. There is no shortage of people watching, and I got my favorite summer craving - a delicious snocone (not free.) Music, weird people/ artwork/clothing/, shopping, visiting with friends - all free!!
We were even offered Free Hugs, although I am quite the penny-pincher, I did not take advantage of that free offer.

My girlfriends and I went to another Austin summer tradition - the Zilker Summer Musical where every summer a different musical is put on in the park. The Music Man was showing and we had a picnic during the show - again, free!!- There is still more summer fun to be had - Blues on the Green, Symphony Concerts in the Park, go see the Bats Under the Bridge, more lake trips, all free...and of course, Im always getting daily free laughs from Kyle.



No comments:
Post a Comment