Abbey is on her way to become a Therapy Pet Pal! Because our precious pup is so loving, we decided that we needed to share her love (and leaning) with others.Therapy Pet Pals of Texas is the organization we decided to go through. They work mainly with the elderly in hospitals and nursing homes and have been around for 25 years in Austin. I think there is so much to learn from the elderly, so I am really excited to get going. Abbey passed the initial "exam" and once all the paperwork is complete, we will meet with a personal trainer for 3 sessions and then we are free to go on our own. Dogs and old people - I might be crazy but I think it will be a great combination!
2 comments:
I had the puppy pals in the hospital after my surgery, it was awesome! She will be great.
that sounds so awesome. i've used pet therapy before and it really works! good luck to you abbey.
Post a Comment