Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lake Day

Kyle and I were craving some R&R at the lake and we both had the day off so decided to be spontaneous and head out to Lake Travis for the day with our best pal, Abbey.



We shopped for snacks and blew up floaties as we got excited about no timelines or plans. We went to a part of Lake Travis called Pace Bend Park which is a public beach/campground. Our only criteria in choosing a place to spend a lazy day was that they allowed dogs, and Pace Bend was really the only one we could find. It ended up the perfect place - not crowded whatsoever (actually we were the only ones in sight for the first part of the day), a great place to swim and layout and enough space for Abbey to run around like a wild dog!

She loved sharing the float with Kyle

She absolutely loves to swim and wore herself out. She was so excited to be "free" that she ran everywhere at full speed. This video is a good example.






She also took on a new hobby - fishing! She spent hours (literally) searching the water for minnows, but her tactics were a little too overt (jumping with all fours to create a huge splash) and the minnows sped away every time. She was determined to catch something that day...I love her perserverance and optomism. Abbey never fails to keep us laughing.






I may seem a little over-sentimental about Abbey in this post, but I just finished reading Marley & Me, which is a story about a family's beloved but very naughty Lab. The author translates his relationship with his dog so well and really put into words how most dog-owners feel about their poochies! It's a must-read and definitely had me thinking of Abbey the whole time I was reading. While I have an excuse to gush over my precious puppy, here is a picture of her when she was around 5 weeks old.

2 comments:

The Allen's said...

anna, you guys are crazy! i love it! maybe one day soon i can convince grayson to let us get a dog too!

Kelley said...

I love it, our lab Jade and Abbey need to play they would love each other. Maybe would could arrange a play date soon. I miss you so very much!
Tell Kyle Hi for me and Justin.