Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SQUIRRELS

Abbey is such a loving dog, but she does have one enemy - the squirrel!! She is by no means a watchdog, I mean, she wont even wake up if one of us comes home late at night...and instead of barking when the doorbell rings she just wags her tail. But, when it comes to squirrels, she can sniff them out a mile away and seems to be able to spot their bushy tail in the biggest of trees. Its pretty funny to watch her when we let her out to go to the bathroom - she sprints out everytime with ears perked fully expecting to catch herself a squirrrel.

But today was a little different. I saw her hovered down in front of the door staring out the window. When I looked outside, there was a squirrel right there on the patio, out side the window laying down. When I looked a Abbey again, I saw she was shaking! She was on a mission to get that squirrel. So we opened the door and let her go....she jumped over my flowers like a deer on steroids and ran back and forth sniffing the area for the traces of her prey. She is such a funny puppy!!


The squirrel ran away, but that didnt stop Abbey from trying to get to it. She was in this position for quite a while - hah!
She sat in this position, staring up at the tree for at least 5 minutes.

She really thinks she can climb the tree. That squirrel is so taunting!

No comments: