Monday, October 20, 2008

We're back...

So sorry for the short blogging hiatus, but I guess it is testimony to how busy our lives have been this fall. In between us traveling on the weekends, Kyle has been hard at work studying, enjoying football season, training again for the Austin Marathon, and working at the hospital on the weekends.

Although I love my job, it was a really rocky start to the school year and I have just started to emerge from the craziness at work. My kiddos make me smile everyday and I have already started racking in lots of funny stories. I usually get lots of good material when it comes to Halloween and the kids start talking about what they are going to dress up as. However, nothing this year has been able to beat last year when a first grader told me he was dressing up as a "pimp." I said, "Oh really, what is that?" He said, "You know...they wear them chains, and them coats and that grill." That really cleared it up for me. I was glad he didn't give me an accurate description - then it would not be in the "funny story" category but rather the "very, very sad story" category.

I will try to blog more often and should have lots to let you in on. Last weekend I went to my friend, Kelly's baby shower so check back soon for pictures. We actually have lots of 'celebratory' events coming up in the next few weeks...a wedding next weekend, and the weekend after that, a bachelorrette party the next, then holiday season, a trip to New York City to visit Chels and Trae and two more weddings!! It is an action packed fall, but we love it.

Here are some updates from the last blog post (yikes, it was August!)
  • Matt and Sarah have finally moved to Austin and live 6 minutes away!! We are so blessed to have family so close by, and Abbey loves her Aunt and Uncle coming by to see her so much.
  • We have to opportunity to study abroad in England next fall semester, so we are hard at work trying to find out all the details and making sure it is in God's plan for us to go.
  • We both just turned 26 and are trying to cope with being in our 'upper 20's' :)
  • Hmm...anything else?

No comments: