Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My mom stayed with us at the end of the week last week and we got to have a makeshift mother's day celebration (I mean, VERY makeshift - my mom saw a present next to the bed right when she got there, said,
"Is this a present? For me?"
"Of course, mom."
"What for?"
(sigh)"Mother's Day, Mom!"
"Oh...yippeee!!"

Then we all jumped on the bed and she opened her gift. The best part was just spending some quality time with her for a couple of days. I always realize how much I miss her living minutes away when we get to hang out and do "normal" stuff....errands, getting our nails done, talking on the couch until my throat hurts, snacking..

My mom and grandma are two women that I undoubtedly admire, respect and outright adore!! God's grace shines in both of their lives He has filled them with compassion, warmth and JOY! Many women my age have either mediocre or non-existent relationships with their mothers. This makes me even more grateful to have such an unbelievable bond and friendship with my mom. I only hope and pray that my daughter will feel the same way about me someday.
Becoming apart of Kyle's family has also brought more Moms into my life! We are both so thankful to have such influential women in our lives. Kyle has such a great relationship with his mom too and I often thank her when I think about what a wonderful husband he is to me and how he treats others with such kindness and is always putting a smile on someone's face.

Thank you to all the mothers out there for your hard work, dedication and love!
And mom, I promise we will buy you and dad's dinner one of these days :)

No comments: