Monday, May 5, 2008

A pidgeon and a hero

There are sometimes in a newlywed woman's life that she doesn't necessarily love living with a boy. They leave clothes out, don't know how to do the dishes just right, and let's not start on football season...But today, we had our first dead animal experience here on Staton Drive and I couldn't have been happier to be living with a man!

I was sitting in my chair by my bed today reading when I heard a huge thump outside the french door. I threw down my book and jolted out of the room. After I caught my breath, Kyle and I peered around the bed to look out the window. Poor Pidgeon! She must have mistaken the "basil" shade of paint in our bedroom for another tree and flew full force right into birdie heaven. Kyle, my hero, was able to clean up the mess and dispose of the bird all without obnoxiously showing it to me or trying to scare me with it (I guess I have bad memories growing up with brothers who couldn't resist a chance to throw a dead bug on me.) Yeah for boys!

No comments: