Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Baby

Abbey "Doodle" is the newest addition to our family!!I fell in love with Vizslas ever since I was a nanny for the Powells - the most precious family in the world! Of course I loved the kids, but I fell head over heals for Maggie, the dog, who became my cuddle buddy that summer. I don't think her head left my lap at any point that I was sitting down.

So when we started researching breeds, I knew I wanted a Vizsla. I contacted the Powells for a little advice on finding a Vizsla puppy. Cheryle gave me all the information I needed and then mentioned they had just gotten 2 more Vizsla puppies a year ago, and along with their 4 kids, were taking over the house!! Two days before I called her, they had decided to try and find another family for Abbey, as she was at the bottom of the pecking order and getting pushed around.

We knew we had to have her! Abbey was housebroken and trained and we knew what a great family had raised her. So, Easter weekend we went to Southlake to pick her up and bring her home.

this can't be comfortable!

She took so well to our house and we have not stopped laughing since we've gotten her! She has truly brought so much joy to our lives. I always got a little annoyed at those crazy pet-obsessed people, but now I'm one of them!! But I promise I wont dress her up, put sunglasses on her or paint her nails.

We took a trip to my parents house and she wanted to play with the cat so bad! The cat however, was not amused. Look at that tail wag!!

No comments: