Friday, April 10, 2009

We're baaaaaccckkk!!!!

I admit it - I am bad at blogging! Well, my very long blogging hiatus may not be because Im just plain bad at blogging, but I think the real reason is because I freaked out. I think I realized that people were actually looking at our blog - and I felt weird about sharing our lives online. I dont know why I had a sudden sense that my privacy was being invaded, but I got turned off to blogging.

Well, I have had a change of heart and have opened back up to the blogging world. So now we have some catching up to do. I think my last post was in October, so here is a short re-cap of whats been going on witu us... (more pictures to come)

  • November: Our family puts the FUN in dysfunctional!

We drove to Colorado with my parents (hitting a deer along the way) to my cousin, Sarah's wedding. We got to stay at the amazing Adult Guest Lodge at Frontier Ranch. The wedding was beautiful and so very sweet. We had such a great time spending time with our family.

  • Thanksgiving with my family in Fort Worth. Everyone on my moms side was there, which made for a big, loud group -all the cousins and the little ones, Maggie and Maddie. I loved doing girlie things with them like making jewelry and flowers out of beads.
  • I had Debbie's bachelorette party at my house. I realized how much I love throwing parties! Then we went downtown for dinner and drinks on 6th street and had so much fun with the girls.
  • Kyle started running in the "Austin Distance Challenge" which was a series of 6 races starting with a 10 mile and progressing to the marathon. His friend, Jose, ran most of them with him. Here is a picture of them after the Decker Half Marathon.
December: The Mulloys are jet setters
  • Debbie and Tate got married!! The ceremony was outside overlooking the lake and it was gorgeous. I had to keep an eye on her veil as the wind blew throughout the ceremony. The wind won and the veil flew off - luckily Tate's dad caught it and had the most surprised look on his face. Debbie did a great job planning the wedding andf the I was so lucky to be able to help her and be a part of the planning - we were so happy for them. I even stood up and gave a speech (after downing a glass of wine) in which everyone laughed at things that weren't even meant to be funny. Hmm... Here is the beautiful bride.
  • We traveled to KC to spend Christmas with Carol and Kim. Abbey got to come with us since we drove and she had so much fun playing in the snow with Sailor. It was a wonderful time to catch up with family and friends.
  • We spent New Year's Eve in New York City. We went to visit our best friends, Chelsea and Trae. Kyle and I had both been to NYC a few times so we didnt do too much 'touristy' things but we did get to the top of Rockafellar Center, MOMA, lots of dining and of course, shopping! But I think the best part was spending New Years Eve on Times Square - actually inside a building overlooking Times Square with heat and a bathroom - both extremely important. We even saw Dick Clark through our binoculars. Chels and Trae were so gracious to let us stay with them in their fabulously decorated apartment - we are blessed to have lifelong friends like them.

January: I cant think of a good title for this month
  • Schart Wedding in Fort Worth. Beautiful, Sweet, Fun!
  • The traveling didnt stop for Kyle - after we got back from NYC he went to visit his dad in Wisconsin. Unfortunatley I had to start work so I didnt get to join him and was super dissappointed to miss out.
  • We visited Brenham for a couple's shower for Caroline and Ryan, and of course, had Bluebell icecream for dessert. The happy couple will be married in less than 2 weeks!!
February: still running.
  • Kyle ran the marathon. Nick came down and I got to spend Valentine's Day with not one, but four adorable boys!!
Our friends came to cheer on Kyle.

  • We went to Fort Worth for a weekend so I could help my mom with a bridal shower. We love throwing parties - especially with her new kitchen. We also got to visit our Dallas crew (Caroline, Ryan, Becca and John) and then attend an incredible event for Falling Whistles, an unbelievalbe organization that Johnathan works for.

March: Spring is in the air.

  • Caroline's Bachelorette Party - Best friends + Lingerie + Wedding Cake Martinies + 3 Limos + a beautiful bride to be = funnest night ever!!!
We thought 2009 couldnt get any better and then got to go to tropical paradise (Cabo San Lucus) with Kim and Carol. Oh my, talk about heaven! We literally laid in the sun all day, like it was our job! We went down to the marina and took a sunset cruise, attended bartending class (we are dying to re-make the Baileys Coladas we learned how to make), won 2 blankets playing Loteria, watched whales jump and play from our pool, and gazed at the stars each night on our patio. Kim and Carol were so generous and we couldnt thank them enough.

Now stay tuned for more updates! I vow to become a better blogger.

No comments: