Since Chels and Trae were in Texas for the week, Chelsea and I started planning a road trip/mini vaca after Caroline's wedding. We decided to head just west of Austin to Fredericksburg, the heart of the Texas Hill Country, to tour the vineyards. I had visited this area last year on a girls weekend with my mom and sister-in-laws and couldn't wait to go back!! The Texas Hill Country Wineries are one of the fastest growing in the country and have been referred to as the next 'Nappa Valley.'
We tasted all the Cabernets, Chardonnays, Viognets, and Sauvingnons we could handle. One of the vineyards is also a lavender farm, which is where we are standing in this picture. 
The sun didn't come out until later that afternoon, but the four of us laughed the entire day and soaked in the hot tub with a bottle of wine that night. It was just about heaven.
1 comment:
I just came across your blog via the Allen's blog ... We hope you all are doing well and enjoying each other! Next time you come to Fredericksburg, you can stay at the Kuper B & B just 15 minutes away in Boerne, Texas. We moved here a year ago and love taking day trips to the wineries in Fredericksburg. Especially now that I'm not pregnant!
Post a Comment