Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tobaggans, Nude Beach and a Wedding

Thanks Carol for the great pics from Cathy's wedding in Wisconsin.

I did let the 'green M&M' incident get too much of the spotlight in my last blog about our recent trip to Wisconsin. Now that I have some pics I can fully detail our wonderful adventures.

We took a tour of the Steven's Point Brewery. We got to see how they make all their 'brewskies', as our tour guide liked to call them. After touring the factory, we got free reign to taste all the different beers and sodas. I definitely had to try the cream soda, which was my absolute favorite drink when I was little. Although, my favorite was a beer called Nude Beach. I would much rather drink a nude beach than go to a nude beach, that's for sure!
Now, these next pictures are Kyle and I on a huge slide in this beautiful park. that in the winter time people use a "toboggan" to slide down. The most important reason we went to visit this "toboggan slide" is because during one of my trips to Kansas City, we discovered that there was a bit of a cultural, dialectal difference between me and the Kansas folks. A 'toboggan' to me was obviously a winter hat that you wear that doesn't have a rim (synonyms include: beanie, ski cap, etc.) A 'toboggan' to the rest was a sled of some sort (I'm still not exactly sure what it is even though Carol and Kim have tried to explain it to me many times.) Nevertheless, you use your toboggan to slide down this amazing slide when the ice has covered it. Looks super fun!!Then, in the hotel lobby, we helped Aunt Marilyn assembly the infamous green M&M favors. It was a flashback to assembling our wedding programs in the hotel lobby in Fort Worth. I love being a part of an assembly line, especially when I get to sit down and chit chat. I think its fun to see how time effecient (yet, not sacrificing quantity for quality) you can make a big project. That was totally a dorky thing to say... Here are the gorgeous newlyweds, Cathy and Chris, with cute, little Elena. They had a kid's table with lots of crafts, coloring pages, etc...which was such a great idea. Hence, the purple visor the groom is wearing. I think Elena made it for him and he didnt take it off all night! Here are some more pictures from the wedding. The ceremony was outside looking onto a beautiful golf course.
Here is me and Krista, Kyle's cousin, at the rehearsal dinner. We both had very bright drinks.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Kyle, you look like your cousin! Beckie