Thursday night was spent talking and catching up on the porch. It is like medicine to the soul to get to spend time with best friends. Abbey came along and had a blast swimming in the lake and playing with the other dogs.
Friday morning we headed out on the boat. Kyle showed off his wake boarding skills and I got up on the wake board (great accomplishment!) The other girls, newly-engaged, Caroline and Becca got there too. The rest of the day was spent on the "FUN STATION" which is a huge raft that we all got on- and getting on was the biggest challenge. The difficulty is getting your body over the initial hump, but once you do, you are then propelled, stomach-first, into the small hole in the middle of the raft. There is no graceful way to board the 'fun station' so I just gave up and embraced the
awkwardness. Kyle and Trae have a tendency to take a joke and run with it for as long as they can, so needless to say, there were many many jokes about the 'fun station' but that just made it all that more fun!! Friday night we got the Margarator going (Andrew, the photographer, took this great picture), ate tons, and then watched (and even set off some of our own) fireworks. It felt good to look up and be able to see the stars.
Kyle had to work on Saturday at 8 am, so we had to leave at 4am!!! Going to sleep at 2 wasnt the smartest idea, but our game of 'Catch Phrase' was so fun that we couldnt dare go to bed. The ride home was misery, but it was all worth it. I am definitely going to miss my girls until the next time we get to spend time together.

1 comment:
ohhhhh - I wish I had been there!! I miss those girls, too - hope your camera gets there today - yikes! Mom
Post a Comment